Guruvayur (also known as Guruvayoor) is a small and beautiful town located in the Thrissur District of the state Kerala in Southern India. It is a very famous Pilgrimage Town and said to be about 5000 years old. Guruvayur is renowned for the Guruvayur Sri Krishna Temple, which is a Hindu Temple dedicated to God Guruvayurappan.
Guruvayur may be famous for its rich heritage of temples, but it is also a fantastic tourist destination. The Chavakkad beach is situated 4.5 kilometres from Guruvayoor Temple There are many amazing places you can visit over here. The nearest major city located is Kochi (also known as Cochin) which in itself is an amazing place. Distance-wise, Guruvayur is located about 90-100 km away from Kochi.
The best way to reach Guruvayur from Kochi airport is by a hiring cab. Kochi Airport to Guruvayur Taxi fare is affordable. The road connecting both the places is just amazing and filled with scenic views. The journey will not take more than two and a half hours if you don't stop in between the route. Now let's discuss Kochi to Guruvayur cab price and service.
Kochi Airport to Guruvayur Temple Cab Services
Kochi (also known as Cochin) is one of the most important cities in South India. Kochi Airport is the number one airport in Kerala. It is well connected to the rest of India through Railways, Air and Road. Reaching Kochi from anywhere in India is quite easy, and from there, you can travel to Guruvayur by a rented taxi or a cab. There are many cab services you can choose from including sedans, hatchbacks, MUVs, SUVs, tourist vans, etc. You can book any vehicle according to the number of people traveling and your convenience. Taxi and Cab services are available near Kochi Airport 24*7 and 365 days a year.
The quality of the drive is outstanding as the roads are amazing. As mentioned earlier, it takes around two and a half hours to reach Guruvayur from Kochi if you don't take a break. Well, we suggest you take breaks in between and relish the scenic views of Kerala with your loved ones.
Cochin to Guruvayur Cab Rental Options
There are many types of cabs you can choose from and book depending on the number of people you are travelling with and your requirements.
If you are traveling as a couple, the best-suited cab will be a hatchback which includes Tata Indica, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Eon, and others. For a small family of 4 members, the best-suited cab will be a standard sedan or a premium sedan including Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios, Hyundai Xcent, Honda City, Toyota Corolla, and others. For a group of 5-7 people, you can book an SUV which includes Toyota Innova, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, and others.
If you are a large group of people traveling together, you can always choose a Tourist Van which can accommodate about 12-15 people. You can also book two SUVs depending on your preference. And, if you want to travel luxuriously, you can always choose from Luxury Cars like Mercedes, Audi, and others.
Kochi to Guruvayur Cab Rental Fare
The Cab fare from Kochi to Guruvayur is more or less fixed according to the type of cab that you want to rent.
If you rent a hatchback, it will cost you around INR 2500. If you rent a Sedan, it will cost you around INR 3000. A premium Sedan will cost you around INR 3500. If you rent an SUV, it will cost you around INR 3500. The rent of a Tourist Van and Luxury Car depends on the model of vehicle you choose.
Sedan (Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios, Hyundai Xcent)
Premium Sedan (Honda City, Toyota Corolla)
SUV (Toyota Innova, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio)
INR 4000 - 5000
Kochi to Guruvayur Distance & Time by Cab
The best option to reach Guruvayur from Kochi airport is to drive along the Trichur highway- NH47 and then take a deviation to the left after crossing the Trichur toll booth. Distance from Kochi airport to Guruvayur is 79.5 Km and the trip takes around 2 hours by cab.
Tourist Places to Visit at Guruvayur
Once you have reached Guruvayur, you can check out some of the amazing places listed below.
1. GURUVAYUR TEMPLE: The Most famous attraction of Guruvayur is the Guruvayur Sri Krishna Temple, which is a Hindu Temple dedicated to God Guruvayurappan.
It is said to have been constructed about 5000 years ago and is the fifth largest temple in India considering the number of devotees per
day. It is a very spiritual place where people come to offer their prayers to Lord Vishnu. Experience the bliss of spirituality over here.
2. MAMMIYUR MAHADEVA TEMPLE: As you would have guessed, Guruvayur is famous for its Temples. One of the major temple over here is the Mammiyur Mahadeva Kshetram which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Following the old ritual, everyone who offers prayers at Guruvayur Temple has to visit and offer prayers at Mammiyur Mahadeva Kshetram also.
3. CHAVAKKAD BEACH: Another amazing thing about Guruvayur is that it is located near the Sea. Chavakkad Beach is located about 5 km away from the main city and is just amazing. Over here, the river meets the sea, which makes this beach even more beautiful. You can walk alongside the sea with your loved ones, you can fly kites, you can drink fresh coconut water and you can even take a dip in the sea.
4. GURUVAYOOR ELEPHANT CAMP SANCTUARY: You can also visit Elephants while you are in Guruvayur. In the Elephant Camp, you will be able to watch about 60-70 elephants doing their daily tasks like eating, bathing, playing and others. It is a must visit place.
5. ST. THOMAS SYRO-MALABAR CHURCH, PALAYOOR: You can visit the famous old church at Palayoor. It is a peaceful and beautiful place of worship where you can experience quiet and calmness. It is said to have been consecrated about 2000 years ago. This is also a must visit place if you are in Guruvayur.
Kerala Cab Rental offers Cochin airport to Guruvayur Cabs on full day basis ,Per Kilometre basis and according to your requirements. Cab services to Guruvayur Temple are available from Kochi Airport, Ernakulam Railway station, Aluva and other places in Kerala.
Have an amazing time at Guruvayur. CHEERS..!!