The cost of booking a taxi depends on what type of Taxi you choose. The cab fares are mostly prepaid and affordable. If you rent a hatchback, Aluva to Munnar taxi fare will be around INR 2500 to - 3000. If you rent a sedan, it will cost you around INR 2800 - 3500. If you rent a Premium Sedan or an SUV, the tariff will be around INR 4000 - 5000.
The rate for booking a tourist van and any luxury vehicle depends on the type of vehicle you choose and how many travellers are present.
Aluva to Munnar Best Route
Munnar is a tourist town located in the Idukki district of Kerala. Also called Kashmir of South India, Munnar is one of the most amazing hill stations of India. It is situated 1600 meters above sea level in the lap of the Western Ghats. Munnar is filled with not only Nature's beauty but also amazing adventurous activities. The best possible way to travel from Aluva (Alwaye) to Munnar is by hiring taxi for a hassle free and comfortable journey. The fastest and cheapest taxi route from Aluva to Munnar is via , Perumbavoor, Kothamangalam, Neriamangalam-Adimali.
Aluva is a major town situated about 110 km away from Munnar. When you travel by road to Munnar from Aluva, it is a great experience. First of all, the streets are just amazing, and the journey is very comfortable. Secondly, you can experience amazing scenic views of the hills and valleys of the Western Ghats. The trip will not take more than 3 to 4 hours if you do not stop anywhere in between.
Places to Visit in Aluva
Aluva (formerly known as Alwaye) is a major industrial town of Kerala. It is well connected to rest of India through Railway. Whenever you are travelling to Munnar from other cities, and you prefer rail travel, you can reach Aluva by train first, and then go further to Munnar by a taxi or rented cab. Aluva is also a great place to explore. While you are in Aluva, you can visit the famous Aluva Mahadeva Temple, Aluva Mannapuram, Marthanda Varma Bridge, Aluva Palace, Thiruvairanikulam Temple, and others.
After exploring all the fantastic places in Aluva, you can select from many taxi services to reach Munnar including hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, MUVs, tourist vans, etc. You can book any taxi according to your convenience and the number of people traveling along with you. Taxi and Rental Cab services are readily available every day throughout the year.
The ride is very comfortable as the road connecting Aluva and Munnar is very good. The road makes its way through the hills and valleys of Western Ghats, making the ride filled with amazing views and sceneries. It only takes about 3 to 4 hours to cover 110 km and reach Munnar from Aluva depending on the traffic conditions. You can stop at many tourist attractions on the way to make your journey even more amazing.
Aluva to Munnar Taxi by Category
There are many vehicle options you can choose from depending on your convenience, number of travellers and budget. If you are a couple, a hatchback will be the best-suited taxi. It includes vehicles like Maruti Suzuki Swift, Maruti Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Eon, Tata Indica and others. If you are traveling with your family, the most suitable taxi would be either a standard sedan or a premium sedan including Hyundai Xcent, Tata Indigo, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios, Honda City, Toyota Corolla, and others. For a group of 5-7 people, an SUV will be the best choice including vehicles like Toyota Innova, Chevrolet Tavera, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, and others.
If you are travelling along with a large group of people, you can choose a Tourist Van which can accommodate about 12-15 people. You can also go by two SUVs if you are comfortable. Luxury cars like Mercedes and Audi are also available if you wish to travel very comfortably.
Further, if you want to book a tourist van or a luxury car, you should book it 2 - 3 days in advance.
Aluva - Munnar Taxi Tariff Chart
TYPE OF CAB
Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo , Tata Indica
INR 2500 - 3000
Hyundai Xcent, Tata Indigo, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios
INR 2800 - 3500
Honda City, Toyota Corolla
INR 4500 - 5000
Toyota Innova, Chevrolet Tavera, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio
INR 4000 - 5000
INR 5000 - 6000
INR 5300 - 6300
Note: Aluva- Munnar Taxi Fare displayed are inclusive of driver bata, toll, tax and parking. The tariffs quoted above are for vehicles from Cochin only.
Alwaye to Munnar Distance & Time
Alwaye to Munnar road distance is around 109 Km and cab takes around 3 hours to reach Munnar through the fastest route Aluva- Permumbavoor- Neiamanangalam- Adimali- Munnar.
Tourist Places to Visit at Munnar
Once you have reached Munnar, you can take a look and visit these amazing places.
1. MATTUPETTY DAM: One of the fantastic locations in Munnar is Mattupetty Dam. The Dam is situated between two hills and is the source of electricity for the town. You can walk over the dam, hearing the sound of the flowing water and experiencing the greenery around it.
2. CARMELAGIRI ELEPHANT PARK: Visit the Carmelagiri Elephant Park to witness the lives of Elephants very closely. You can also do an Elephant Safari in the park through the lush jungles and hill roads.
3. WATERFALLS: There are many waterfalls that you can visit in Munnar. Out of them, Attukad Waterfall and Nayamakad Waterfall are the most beautiful ones.
4. ANAMUDI PEAK: Anamudi Peak is the highest peak of the Western Ghats. If you are a trekking enthusiast, you should consider a trek to the top of Anamudi Hill. The journey to the top is filled with amazing sceneries and breathtaking displays. Embrace the true beauty of Mother Nature when you reach the top.
5. TEA ESTATES OF KOLUKKUMALAI: Make your way through the Tea Gardens of Kolukkumalai while you are in Munnar. It is one of the highest tea estates in the world, located at the height of 2400 meters above sea level. Walking in the fantastic aroma will refresh your body and mind.
6. TO-DO ACTIVITIES: There are many activities you can experience while you are in Munnar. Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Tree House Stay, Camping at Echo Point, Shikara Ride and Eravikulam National Park Safari are some of them.
Helpful Tips for Taxi Booking while travelling from Aluva to Munnar
• Always try to book taxi/cab service in advance to avoid high tariff & security issues.
• Avoid the cab agents at Airport/Railway station who force you to go along with them.
• Munnar is a hill station and the driving at hill stations is bit different from plains, so always try to book cab drivers with hill station driving experience for safe journey.
• Extra charges are applicable for night journey, so plan your travel accordingly.
Kerala Cab Rental Offers best tariff for Aluva to Munnar Cab booking service. We provide English/Hindi/Arabic and Tamil speaking drivers who are highly experienced in hill station driving.